Ancient episcopal estate in Trentino
Castello di Castellano is a fortified residence in a panoramic position, with a long wall which runs down the slope to the Watch Tower.
In a panoramic location, it can be seen from the entire valley floor. You can reach it in just a few minutes by turning onto the provincial road Number 20 Villa Lagarina – Lago di Cei, near the Rovereto Nord autostrada exit.
Conquered by the Castelbarco family in the middle of the 13th century, it then passed into the hands of the Lodron Counts in 1456, who transformed it into a magnificent residence. Today the manor is property of the Miorandi family of Castellano.
Its most noticeable feature is the long wall which runs down the slope to the Watch Tower. In the summer the castle’s shadow falls onto the stage of one of Villa Lagarina’s most-loved events, “Castelfolk”. A fixture of summer in Trentino, it is a green event with good music, excellent wine and typical Trentino cuisine.
Info and map
Castello di Castellano
38060 Castellano (TN)
T: +39 349 7119977
Opening hours: private property, visits by telephone arrangement with the owners