Orto San Marco – Setàp
A vegetable garden is growing in the city
A project for the regeneration of a cultivable urban area and the desire to bring gelsibachicola and km0 back to Rovereto.
WHAT IS THE VEGETABLE GARDEN?
Orto San Marco – Setàp is an urban agricultural space that was born and grows in the city of Rovereto.
It is a place where the land is enhanced through organic farming.
It is an area where research and innovation meet the desire to experiment with a contemporary form of mulberry cultivation for silkworms.
It is an opportunity to meet, get to know each other and enjoy social moments.
It is the will to offer moments of education and training, which, guide a continuous exchange of experiences starting from the principles of sustainability.
Here Marco, but also Francesca, Naseem, Abeke, Guido, Mary, Farhan, Tommaso, can come in to play, stay, eat, read, learn and meet. Orto San Marco – Setàp is a place but it is also a human and plant biodiversity project, a collective path, a space open to everyone.
WHAT IS IN THE VEGETABLE GARDEN?
- 1 horticultural area where vegetables are grown by MangioTrentino
- 500 mulberry trees
- 1 circular vegetable garden in the care of the Social Cooperative Amalia Guardini
- A lot of biodiversity
- 1 shop for the sale of fruit, vegetables and processed products
- 15 apple trees grown with passion by Marco Manfrini, pommelier
- 12 beehives for the production of local honey
- 2000 mq of greenhouse
- Colourful chairs and tables and a pergola for a break
- 1 garden for reading and playing
- Countless activities and opportunities to meet.
WHY IN THE VEGETABLE GARDEN?
Things happen here, sometimes foreseen, sometimes unforeseen. Workshops dedicated to sustainability, animated readings to discover the history of silk, musical evenings, tastings of local agricultural products, screenings, show-cooking, unexpected meetings.
Info and map
- Monday: 3 – 6.30 pm
- Tuesday-Thursday: 9 am – 12.30 pm, 3 pm – 6.30 pm
- Friday: 3 – 6.30 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 12.30 pm