Ciclotour along Via Claudia Augusta
Cycle along the ancient Roman road, which crosses the Vallagarina. The tour, departing from Bolzano and arriving in Verona, follows the Adige cycle path offering wonderful views and cultural stops with the FAI.
The Via Claudia Augusta (which starts in Donauwörth in Germany, and ends after 780 km in the Mantova Province) is known among cycling enthusiasts as one of the most beautiful routes in the Alpine area.
The participants of the tour, organized by Bike & More, will cover about 200Km, in a group and accompanied by a guide, facilitated by the fact that the route, developing from north to south, is slightly sloping.
Numerous stops to refresh body – with tastings of wines and typical products of the crossed territories – and soul – with guided tours, curated by the FAI, to palaces and castles along the way.
Thursday, May 23th, 2019
- 6.00 pm: arrival in Bolzano, free evening, accommodation in Hotel in Bolzano
Friday, May 24th, 2019 stage 1 :
- 9.00 a.m.: meeting with group
- 9.15: start of the 1st stage: Bolzano – Trento
- Noon-1pm: short stop in Trento – vistit with FAI
- 3-4pm: bike tour Trento – Rovereto
- afternoon/ dinner free – accommodation in Hotel in Rovereto
Saturday, May 25th, 2019 – stage 2 :
- 9.00 a.m.: meeting with the group
- 9.15 a.m.: start of the 2nd stage: Rovereto – Mori – Riva del Garda
- noon – 1 p.m.: visit of a vinery with wine tasting
- 2-4 pm: bike tour Riva del Garda – Rovereto
- 5 pm: visit of Rovereto with FAI
- 8 pm: dinner at the event “Notte Verde” in Rovereto
- accommodation in Hotel in Rovereto
Sunday, May 26th, 2019 – stage 3 :
- 9 am: meeting with the group
- 9.15 a.m.: start of the 3rd stage: Rovereto – Castello di Sabbionara d’Avio
- noon – 1 pm: short stop for a visit to the Castello di Sabbionara d’Avio – vistit by FAI and small snack
- 2-4 pm: the tour continues to Verona
The program may be modified