Caravaggio. The contemporary.
Where? Mart Rovereto
From an idea by Vittorio Sgarbi
The exhibition in Rovereto, offers the opportunity to contemplate the Burial of Saint Lucy, the oldest Sicilian work by Caravaggio, normally located in Syracuse, in the Church of Santa Lucia alla Badia.
The exhibitions scheduled for autumn at the Mart in Rovereto are a journey through the centuries, with a fascinating idea that guides the schedule: all art is contemporary. Thus, classical and modern masters interact with each other and with the works of one of the richest public collections in Europe, in search of connections between history, great masterpieces and the languages of the twentieth century. The other contemporary proposes the opening in succession of three major exhibitions dedicated to Caravaggio (October), Boldini (November) and Depero (December).
Caravaggio. The contemporary
Through the proposal of different levels of dialogue, the exhibition highlights the spiritual relevance of Caravaggio, the Lombard genius. The seventeenth-century masterpiece resonates in a selection of contemporary works and photographs.
The work the Burial of Saint Lucy is placed in dialogue with some precious works by Alberto Burri, master of Informal Art. In a constant dialogue between images, symbols and similarities, the exhibition is completed by a large painting entitled I naufraghi (1934) by Cagnaccio di San Pietro, works by the artist Nicola Verlato and photographer Massimo Siragusa, and a few shots that focus on the life and death of Pier Paolo Pasolini.
The exhibition is enriched by a programme of events: shows, performances, meetings, presentations in collaboration with Centro Servizi Culturali Santa Chiara and Nuovo Cineforum Rovereto.
Info and map
Corso Bettini, 43
38068 Rovereto (TN)
T: +39 0464 438887
Call center 800 397760
Opening hours: From Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am to 18 pm;
Friday from 10 am to 9 pm.
Closing day: Monday (except bank Holiday) and 25th of December.
Special Opening from 25th October to 30th November
• every Saturday and Sunday form 10.00 to 21.00
• Every Monday the exhibition “Caravaggio. The contemporary” will be open for special guided tours of small groups of maximum 15 people (families, schools, associations, etc) from 17.00 to 21.00. Price 60 € + 1 € booking for each group + cost of the entrance ticket with presale.
The ticket office closes half an hour before the museum closing.
We recommend to book your tickets online or through the call center (T. 800 397760).
- adults € 11,00
- students from 15 till 26 years, members of certain associations, groups min. 15 – max. 30, over 65: € 7,00
- free for under 14, “Friends of the Museum” and schools
- Ticket included in the Museum Pass
- family Ticket € 22,00
- Combined ticket for the 3 locations (Mart, Futurist House of Art Depero, Civic Gallery of Trento): adults 14,00€ – children € 10,00
- Free entry every 1st sundays of the month