Events and activities at Pozzacchio Fortress
Where? Forte Pozzacchio
Shows, meetings and memories in the last fortress of the Austro-Hungarian Empire
Pozzacchio Fortress offers a wide variety of events and a rich program of activities, such as guided tours during the weekend.
Events in Pozzacchio Fortress
From 10:00 to 18:00
- 1st of May
- 10th, 11th and 14th of May during the “Alpini Gathering”
5th of May
- 14:00 pm | Guided tour
- 14:30 pm | Guided excursion to the places of the First World War in occasion of the centenary. Start from Valmorbia.
- 15:30 pm | “E il fiume si tinse di rosso” show-concert, part of the event “Settenovecento”, with the S. Ilario Choir, the accordionist Renzo Ruggieri and the actor Michele Comite. Start from the car park and final guided tour.
27th of May
- 14:00 pm | Guided tours
- 16:30 pm “Ma quando la pace si farà” the Dolomiti of Povo Choir, the narrator Antonia Dalpiaz and the harmonica player Sandro Albertini. Final guided tour.
Guided tours program 2018
Meeting point at the ticket office at 14:00 pm, second group at 16:00 pm. Reservation in advanced in necessary, at least 10 participants. We suggest all visitors to wear a windbreaker or other suitable clothing for the temperature change between outside and inside the fortress.
- 25th April
- 6th, 11th, 12th and 27th May
- 3rd, 10th and 24th June
- 15th and 29th July
- 12th, 15th and 26th August
- 9th and 23rd September
- 7th and 21st October
Special guided tours: at Pozzacchio Fortress with your family
- 26th of May at 15:30 pm
Would you like to visit the fortress with your family? Special guided tours have been organized for both adults and children!
The tour will last approximately one hour, you will have the opportunity to walk through the paths excavated in the mountain, long underground tunnels and reach the upper part of the fortress where the artillery was sited.
- For children between 6 and 10 years old
- It is necessary the presence of an adult
To reach the ticket office it is necessary to park the car and walk for about 20 minutes.
Info and map
May and October: Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 18
From June to September: from Thursday to Sunday from 10 to 18