Festival of Meteorology
Where? Rovereto, Via Zeni and Borgo Santa Caterina
“Who is meteorology for?” This is the topic of the fourth edition of the festival
Three days of conferences, didactic activities, exhibitions, laboratories, contests but also fun, discussing about this science that is becoming more and more important in our lives.
After the first three great editions, the Festival of Meteorology is back in Rovereto with meetings, conferences, didactic activities, laboratories, exhibitions, contests and exhibition areas for companies and associations.
The main topic of this edition is “Who is meteorology for?”. It has the aim to focus on different aspects of meteorology: on its scientific and technological basis, on professional experts in this field and on the different applications to the activities influenced by the weather (air quality analysis, green economy, tourism and sport, agriculture, transports and health).
Thursday, 15th of November
Before the opening of the Festival, the area Business of Trentino Sviluppo organizes an event “business to business (B2B)” for companies working in meteorological field in order to find common areas and goals for the development of co-operative actions.
Friday, 16th of November
- 10.00 pm: opening of the fourth edition of the festival
- 10.30 am – 16.30 pm: conferences of the experts
Saturday, 17th of November
- 09.00 – 11.40 am: conferences of the experts
- 14.00 – 17.00 pm: discussion in the afternoon regarding different experiences of women who dress important and successful roles in meteorology “È il tempo delle donne” – “It’s women turn”.
Sunday, 18th of November
- 09.00 am – 13.00 pm: at the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art there will be a meeting dedicated to the applications of meteorology in agriculture.
- 09.00 am – 12.30 pm: presentation of university courses at Dipartimento di Psicologia e Scienze Cognitive of Trento and Rovereto University.
During the three days, you can visit an Area Expo at Polo Tecnologico in Trentino Sviluppo with companies working in meteorological field. Moreover, you can attend several public appointments which let the community better know this theme: theatre and music performances, scientific appetizers, book presentations and meeting with their authors.
Where is the Festival
The conferences, company and public stands will be at Polo Tecnologico in Trentino Sviluppo. The didactic activities at Fondazione Museo Civico of Rovereto in Borgo Santa Caterina.
We confirm the positive co-operation between University of Trento, Rovereto Municipality, Trentino Sviluppo and Fondazione Museo Civico of Rovereto with the support of Rovereto and Vallagarina Tourist Office.
Info and map
The participation to all the activities is free until last seats available.