Where? Mart Rovereto
At the Mart in Rovereto more than 150 works on display to retrace the career of one of the most famous portrait painters of the Belle Époque who shared seductive inspiring muses with Gabriele d’Annunzio, such as the Marchesa Casati.
The major exhibition Giovanni Boldini. Pleasure features over 150 works from public and private collections, many of which belong to the Giovanni Boldini Museum in Ferrara, which closed to the public after the earthquake in 2012.
Known as one of the most famous portrait painters of the Belle Époque, Boldini made use of his extraordinary talent to capture the essence of a dazzling era in which he was a famous protagonist.
At the Mart, the artist’s work is displayed chronologically, allowing visitors to make connections between the various themes and relationships that marked the Italian painter’s career. His relationship with the poet Gabriele d’Annunzio is also explored through their shared muses, such as the Marchesa Luisa Casati, an eccentric and seductive femme fatale.
In collaboration with Comune di Ferrara and Fondazione Ferrara Arte
Info and map
From Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am to 18 pm;
Friday from 10 am to 9 pm.
Closing day: Monday (except bank Holiday) and 25th of December.
Special Opening from 25th October to 30th November
• every Saturday and Sunday form 10.00 to 21.00
• Every Monday the exhibition “Caravaggio. The contemporary” will be open for special guided tours of small groups of maximum 15 people (families, schools, associations, etc) from 17.00 to 21.00. Price 60 € + 1 € booking for each group + cost of the entrance ticket with presale.
The ticket office closes half an hour before the museum closing.
We recommend to book your tickets online or through the call center (T. 800 397760).
- adults € 11,00
- students from 15 till 26 years, members of certain associations, groups min. 15 – max. 30, over 65: € 7,00
- free for under 14, “Friends of the Museum” and schools
- Ticket included in the Museum Pass
- family Ticket € 22,00
- Combined ticket for the 3 seats (Mart, Futurist Gouse of Art Depero, Civic Gallery of Trento): adults 14,00€ – children € 10,00
- Free entry every 1st sundays of the month
- Guided visits: by prearrangement, call free on 800 397 760.
- Family workshop € 5,00 pro child
A day in Rovereto with Caravaggio
From the art to the table. After admiring the work of Caravaggio, Burial of Saint Lucy hosted at Mart Museum, enjoy the menu inspired by the famous painting. Programme Free visit to the exhibition ...
Caravaggio. The contemporary.
From an idea by Vittorio Sgarbi. The exhibition in Rovereto, offers the opportunity to contemplate the Burial of Saint Lucy, the oldest Sicilian work by Caravaggio, normally located in Syracuse ...