Sorna Canyon – Family edition
Where? Monte Baldo Park
When? Saturdays 08, 22 July and 12, 19, 26 August
Adventure canyon hike for families
A plunge into the canyon carved by the Sorna river, helmet and headlamp to discover old mines, suspension bridges over dark abysses, fairy-tale caves, smooth gorges carved and shaped by water.
Does your child love adventure and does he get bored during the usual excursions? Do you want to get involved with him? Then this day trip is for you!
With an expert guide you will leave from the small village of Corné, cross the woods and then go down to the riverbed of the Sorna stream meeting “El Pont del Diaol”, an ancient bridge of great suggestion, at the point where the stream falls into a gorge about thirty meters deep. The walk continues with stairs going up to the ancient mines located in the riverbed.
If you do not lack in courage and if the temperature and water level will allow it, you can also take a bath in the natural pools, where you will be completely immersed in the Monte Baldo Park!
- Where: meeting at 11.00 a.m. in the square of Corné and return at about 5.00 p.m.
- Duration: 6 hours including stops
- Difference in height: about 350 metres
- Difficulty: medium/difficult itinerary, not so much for the physical effort but for the dynamics of the excursion itself
- Clothing and equipment: comfortable clothes for walking, compulsory boots for those who want to do the stretch in the water, raincoat, rucksack, water bottle, headlamp, a complete change of clothes, towel, spare shoes, food.
- Minimum age: 6 years
Info and map
ApT Rovereto Vallagarina e Monte Baldo
Ufficio Turistico di Brentonico
Via F.Filzi, 37
38060 Brentonico (TN)
T: +39 0464 395149
Meeting at 11.00 a.m. in the Corné square and return at around 5.00 p.m.
- Full price: € 25 per couple (1 adult+1 child)
- Adult or additional child (6 to 14 years old): € 12 (maximum 2 children per adult)
The excursion will take place with a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 14 participants.
Registration by 12 noon on the day before the excursion.