Sorna Canyon – Family edition
Where? Parco del Monte Baldo
When? Saturday 11, 25 June, 9, 23 July and 6, 20 August
Adventure canyon hike for families
A plunge into the canyon carved by the Sorna river, helmet and headlamp to discover old mines, suspension bridges over dark abysses, fairy-tale caves, smooth gorges carved and shaped by water.
Does your child love adventure and get bored on the usual excursions? Would you like to get involved with them? Then this outing is just for you!
With an expert guide, you will leave from the small village of Cornè and cross the wood to then descend to the bed of the Sorna torrent meeting “el pont del Diaol“, an ancient bridge of great charm, at the point where the torrent falls into a gorge some thirty metres deep. The walk continues via equipped stairs to the old mines in the riverbed.
If you are brave enough and the temperature and water level allow it, you can also take a bath in the natural pools, where you will be completely immersed in the Monte Baldo Park!
- Where: meeting at 11.00 a.m. in the square of Corné and return at about 5.00 p.m.
- Duration: 6 hours including stops
- Difference in height: about 350 metres
- Difficulty: medium/difficult itinerary, not so much for the physical effort but for the dynamics of the excursion itself
- Clothing and equipment: comfortable clothes for walking, compulsory boots for those who want to do the stretch in the water, mackintosh, rucksack, water bottle, headlamp, complete change of clothes, towel, spare shoes, food.
- Minimum age: 6 years
All the excursions are in Italian with the possibility of brief explanations in English.
To take part in the experience, it is necessary to comply with the Covid dispositions in respect with the currently in force law.
Info and map
Azienda per il Turismo Rovereto e Vallagarina
Ufficio Turistico di Brentonico
Via F.Filzi, 37
38060 Brentonico (TN)
T: +39 0464 395149
Registration by 12 noon on the day before the excursion.
The excursion will take place with a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 14 participants.
Meet at 11.00 a.m. in the Corné square and return at around 5.00 p.m.
- Full price: € 20 per couple (1 adult+1 child)
- Adult or additional child (6 to 14 years old): € 10 (maximum 2 children per adult)
- Reduced: € 16 per couple for Trentino Guest Card holders (maximum 3 couples with Trentino Guest Card per experience).