Torneo Internazionale Città della Pace
Where? Soccer fields of Rovereto and all the Vallagrina towns.
On Easter more over 2500 young people from all over the world meet together in Rovereto
Rovereto, “City of Peace”, celebrates Easter at full sport and sends a message of friendship, encounter and exchange between nations. In 2018, we celebrate the 31st edition!
On Friday: arrival of all teams from all around the world: for the first time teams from Senegal and Malta. As usual there will be also our friends from Japan and Kuwait. Meeting with local authorities.
On Saturday: opening ceremony at the Bell of Peace, on the Miravalle Hill. The world’s largest bell will exceptionally play 100 hundred tolls of peace in the morning to officially open the tournament. Then the traditional and colourful parade in the center of Rovereto.
On Sunday (Easter): more matches and the finale at Quercia Stadium with all supporters and the wonderful music-fireworks show.
Program of International Tournament “City of Peace”
Friday 30th March
• 8.00-18.00 Quercia Stadium: team registration
• 19.00 Melotti Auditorium (at Mart Museum): meeting Team Leaders, welcome meeting with local authorities and team-representatives
Saturday 31st March
• 8.30 Bell of Peace opening ceremony, athletes oath, national anthems
• 10.15 A. Leoni square: beginning of parade through the old-town
• 11.15 Rosmini square: parade-closing
• 13.00 Playing fields: games start
• 20.30-23.30 Fanum discotheque: music party
Sunday 1st April
• 9.00 matches start for all categories
• 16.00-22.00 Quercia stadium: final soccer tournament
• 22.00 Quercia stadium: award Ceremony and fireworks