Little scientists at the City Museum Foundation
A journey among the seven faces of science at the Rovereto City Museum Foundation
Forget the traditional museum that is just a showcase for artifacts! Here activities and laboratories will encourage you to experiment different fields such as archeology, botany, zoology, earth sciences and astronomy.
Itineraries and meetings between flowers and nature
Until the 23rd of August 2020 the Science and Archaeology Museum will host the temporary exhibition “Ci vuole un fiore” dedicated to Trentino’s flora and will organize different activities for the public.
- Guided tours every Sunday at 16 pm (reservation is recommended)
- Every Saturday afternoon at 15 pm laboratories, creative activities and games concerning botany (reservation is necessary).
Following the dinosaurs’ footsteps
Guided tour to the famous Dinosaurs’ footsteps at Lavini di Marco, one of the most important paleontological sites in Europe.
- 11th of April at 15 pm
- 9th of May at 16.30 pm
- 13th of June at 16.30 pm
- 11th of July at 16.30 pm
- 8th of August at 16.30 pm
- 12th of September at 15 pm
- 10th of October at 15 pm
Activity on reservation, participation fee € 5 (the access to the site is free of charge).
Robotics at the LEGO® Education Innovation Studio
Activities and laboratiories dedicated to robotics.
- “Budding Robotics” laboratories for children within 6 and 8 years every first Saturday of the month at 15 pm (March and August excluded)
- “Not only robotics” laboratories for children dedicated to a detailed study of the scientific event FIRST® LEGO® League, of 3D printing and of “Arduino” hardware every third Saturday of the month at 15 pm (August excluded).
Activity on reservation, participation fee € 5.
Stargazing at the Planetarium and at the astronomical observatory of Monte Zugna
In the middle of the garden of the Science and Archaeology Museum is located the Planetarium to admire the beauty of the starry sky even in the city center. At a 40 minutes ride from Rovereto at a height of 1620 meters stands the astronomical observatory of Monte Zugna.
- “Sky in the room” a cosmic journey at the Planetarium every Sunday at 15 pm (activity on reservation, participation fee € 5)
- “Friday starlight” stargazing at the astronomical observatory of Monte Zugna every Friday of July and August at 21 pm (activity on reservation, participation fee € 5).
Discover Rovereto among nature, history and famous characters
Discover the city by following thematic itineraries.
- Guided tour at the new City Museum the 11th of January, 14th of November and 12th of December at 15 pm
- “Rovereto and its waterways” a guided tour in Rovereto city centre following water the 14th of March at 15 pm
- “On the footprints of Paolo Orsi” a guided tour among the places lived by the renowned archaeologist of Rovereto the 8th of February, 5th of April, 23rd of May, 1st of August and 3rd of October at 15 pm.
From the prehistory to the Middle Ages at Sant’Andrea Island
An archaeological site at Lavini di Marco where it is still possible to admire a “castrum”, an ancient fortress from the Middle Ages.
- “Discovering the Castrum” the 27th of June, 25th of July and 4th of October at 16 pm (activity on reservation, participation fee € 5. The access to the site is free of charge).
Info and map
Rovereto City Museum Foundation
Borgo Santa Caterina, 41
38068 Rovereto (TN)
T: +39 0464 452800
- 7 € full ticket
- 5 € reduced ticket for under 18 years and over 60 years
- free for children within 5 years.
Activities and laboratories: 5 € full ticket, free for children within 5 years, except the shows at the Planetarium which are included in the entrance ticket.
All the activities and on reservation within the day before at 17 pm, minimum 8 participants.