Canederli with Monte Veronese DOP
A recipe of the Monti Lessini Restaurant
A traditional recipe revisited to enhance local products such as Monte Veronese DOP, a local cheese from Lessinia, a meeting place between Venetian and Trentino traditions, and butter, milk and grana cheese of Vallagarina.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 3 sandwiches
- 1 onion
- butter to taste
- parsley to taste
- 100 g of Monte Veronese DOP cheese
- milk to soften the bread to taste
- Trentino parmesan cheese to taste
- Cut the stale bread and soften it with a little milk
- Meanwhile, in a pan, stew the onion with a little butter
- Once the bread is soft, add the onion, chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese. If the dough is too wet, add some grated bread.
- Form small balls by inserting small pieces of Monte Veronese DOP cheese in the center to obtain a stringy heart
- Cook in boiling salted water
- Once afloat, drain and season the dumplings with parmesan and melted butter.
Preparation times: 1 hour for the preparation of the dough and 5 minutes for cooking.
We recommend pairing with: Marzemino wine from Cantina d’Isera.
Did you like the Monte Veronese DOP cheese dumplings from the Monti Lessini restaurant? Say it with a like on the Visitrovereto Facebook page! Post your delicious photos on the wall with the hashtag #VallagarinaFoodandWine!