Canederlo made with caciotta-cheese from Tremosine, mint and zucchini
A recipe of the restaurant of Hotel San Giacomo in Brentonico
A traditional recipe to promote different local products like the renowned caciotta-cheese from Tremosine, ricotta-cheese and milk produced by Mortigola Mountain hut and mint from Monte Baldo
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 pieces of stale bread
- 300 gr of caciotta
- 2 glasses of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 pound of ricotta-cheese
- 1 zucchini
- In a mixing bowl add eggs, ricotta-cheese, grated caciotta, salt and minced mint, milk and add the grated stale bread until you get a soft mixture
- Leave to rest for half an hour
- With a spoon pick up a little amount of the mixture and form some medium-sized balls
- Cook in hot salted water until the canederli rise to the surface
- In the meantime, grated the zucchini and season it with salt, oil and lemon juice
- Drain the canederli and toss them in a pan with butter and sage, then put it on the grated zucchini.
This is a traditional summertime recipe and it’s easy to prepare (no more than 1 hour).
We suggest you to serve it with a delicious local wine, the Müller Thurgau from Monte, produced by Mori Colli Zugna Winery.
Did you like this recipe? Say it with a “like” on the Visitrovereto facebook page and post your delicious photos with the hashtag #vallagarinafoodandwine!