Gnocchetti with sautéed chanterelles on yellow pumpkin cream
A recipe from the Trattoria Bella Vista in Rovereto
A traditional recipe that combines the wild flavor of wild chanterelles and the sweetness of pumpkin to a soft potato mixture.
- 1 kg white potatoes
- 300 g flour 00
- 1 medium egg
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 300 g of chanterelles
- 1 small yellow squash
- vegetable broth to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt to taste
- First prepare the gnocchi. Heat the water in a large pot and add salt. Wash the potatoes to remove excess soil and add them to the pot. From the moment the water boils, count about 30-40 minutes of cooking, depending on their size. Prick with a fork to check if they are ready, then drain and remove the peel
- Crush them and let them rest until they become lukewarm, then add the flour, the lightly beaten egg and a pinch of salt. Mix everything with your hands until you get a soft but compact dough. Take a part of the dough and spread it on a floured surface to obtain loaves with a thickness of about 2 cm. Then cut the loaves into chunks of any size you like. Throw them in boiling salted water, as soon as they float they are ready
- For the dressing, brown the onion and garlic clove in 2 tablespoons of oil, then add the chanterelles, a pinch of salt and cook for about 20 minutes, adding a few tablespoons of vegetable broth from time to time. Once the mushrooms are ready, add the potato gnocchi
- Meanwhile, cut the previously cleaned pumpkin into wedges and bake at 180 ° in a ventilated oven for 15-20 minutes. When it is ready, blend it until you get a cream
- Take a plate, spread a layer of pumpkin cream and then place the gnocchi with chanterelles on top. Serve to their guests.
Did you like the gnocchetti with sautéed chanterelles on yellow pumpkin cream from Trattoria Bella Vista? Say it with a like on the Visitrovereto Facebook page! Post your delicious photos on the bulletin board with the hashtag #VallagarinaFoodandWine!