A recipe of “Locanda delle Tre Chiavi” in Isera
Casonzei of rye stuffed with goat ricotta-cheese from Gresta-Valley sautéed with flowered-butter
Ingredients for 8 people
For the “pasta”:
• 600 gr. “00” flour
• 400 gr. Rye flour
• 10 organic eggs
• extra virgin olive oil
For the stuffing:
• 500 gr. goat ricotta-cheese
• 100 gr. grated Trentingrana (parmesan cheese)
• fresh aromatic herbs (chive, basil, dill)
• salt and pepper
• bread crumbs
• for seasoning: 50 gr. butter from Trentino
• mixed dry flowers from Monte Baldo
- For the “pasta” mix all the ingredients together and work everything until you get a smooth dough and let it rest in the fridge covered with food foil for at least an hour.
- For the stuffing, mix the ricotta-cheese with the Trentingrana-cheese and the herbs. Add salt and pepper and a little bit of breadcrumbs, if the dough is too soft.
- At this point, roll the dough with the thickness of 2/3 mm.
- Put a tablespoon of ricotta every 6 cm, brush the dough with the beaten egg to make the dough stick.
- Close with a second sheet of dough and cut the “Casonzei” with a rounded cup, shaping half-moons.
- After cooking the “Casonzei” in boiling water, drain and season with some fried butter with mixed dry flowers and sprinkle as desired with Trentingrana-cheese.
Did you like rye-casonzei? Share it with a “like” on the Visitrovereto Facebook page! Post your delicious photos on the bulletin board with the hashtag #vallagarinafoodwine!