Trentingrana soufflé with walnut cream and caramelized apple
A recipe of Tema restaurant
A recipe of modern cuisine with traditional ingredients that aims at promoting local products such as Trentingrana, milk, butter and Trentino apples.
Ingredients for the soufflé
- 300 g of grated Trentingrana
- 500 ml of Trentino milk
- 100 g of butter
- 100 g of flour
- 8 eggs
Ingredients for apples
- 2 apples from Trentino
- sugar to taste
- ancient mustard to taste
Ingredients for the sauce
- 200 g of walnuts
- 20 g of butter
- 20 g of flour
- milk to taste
- salt to taste
Preparation of the soufflé
- Melt the butter, add the flour and mix
- Then add the boiling milk and boil for a minute
- Add the grated Trentingrana and let the mixture cool
- Mix the egg yolks and then the whipped egg whites
- Arrange the mixture inside single-portion molds and bake in the oven at 180 ° for 6-8 minutes.
Preparation of apples
- Peel and clean the apples
- Prepare the caramel by heating the sugar with a little water. Once the latter has reached the desired color, sauté the apples in the caramel by adding a teaspoon of ancient mustard.
Preparation of the sauce
- Melt the butter and mix with the flour, add the boiling milk and let it boil for a minute
- Add the salt, the walnuts and finally blend everything.
Serve the soufflé, garnish with apples and sauce and serve.
Did you like the Trentingrana Soufflé with walnut cream and caramelized apple from the Tema Restaurant? Say it with a like, on the Visitrovereto Facebook page! Post your delicious photos on the wall with the hashtag #VallagarinaFoodandWine!