Winemaker in Avio
The social wine cellar located in the Adige Valley, the border land
The Avio, the refined, the aromatic ones, the sparkling wines and the sparklings, and Riserve.
The Social Tavern of Avio was founded in 1957 by a group of wine-growers who, inspired by the innovative belief of Don Ettore Seppi, created the cooperative. During the years members have become more numerous and more proud of their cooperative, enough to decide to restructure it in 2005.
At the centre of the new tavern, which is really comfortable, modern and technologically advanced, we can find the “barricaia”, where the most important productions ripen and are refined.
At the sales point it is possible to discover and sample the numerous wines of the tavern, accompanied by local products. The selections are contained in the proposed lines:
- The Avio: Trentino Chardonnay, Trentino Pinot Grigio, Trentino Pinot Bianco, Trentino Merlot, Trentino Lagrein, Trentino Marzemino, Terra dei Forti Enantio
- The refined tardive vintage: Trentino Pinot Nero Superiore, Trentino Rosso Superiore, Trentino Bianco, Trentino Superiore vendemmia tardiva
- The aromatic ones: Trentino Moscato, Trentino Riesling, Trentino Gewurztraminer
- The sparkling ones: Sarnis Brut Trentodoc, Sarnis Brut Rose’ Trentodoc, Bardolino Spumante doc, Chardonnay Vallagarina frizzante
- The reserve: Enantio Terra dei Forti Riserva.
Between the top products of the tavern, there is the Enantio, the local wine of Terra dei Forti. Also Plinius the Old in the first century D.C described the wild grapevines of the zone using these words: “hoc est vitis silvestris, quod vocatur oenanthium”. This variety has found in this territory ist natural habitat, during the years it has made the history of the viticulture in this valley, and nowadays it is collective heritage of the community.
- Shops: Dante street, 14 - 38063 Avio | from Monday to Saturday: 8.30 am-12.30pm and from 15pm to 19pm
- Tastes: on reservation
- Group visits: on reservation, please call 0464/687689