The skin of the soldier
Where? Italian War History Museum
Uniforms, armours, helms and gas masks from the First World War to the 21st Century
During the 20th Century soldiers had to face the conflicts with few defence and protection equipment, this is the theme of the exhibition “La pelle del soldato” hosted by the Italian War History Museum located in Rovereto Castle.
The exhibition will display the tools used in the military actions occurred from the First World War to the 21st Century: armours, helms, gas masks and uniforms against nuclear, chemical and bacteriological threats.
It will show the efficiency of military strategies and equipment used by soldiers related to weapons transformation and the different phases of the conflict, also considering the most undefended and innocent subject of the war: civil population.
The exhibition is part of the program dedicated to the “Adunata degli Alpini”, the event that will see the encounter of all Italian Apines in Rovereto from the 7th to the 15th of May, and will be free with the special Card of the event.
Where to stay
Info and Map
Italian War History Museum
Via Castelbarco 7 Rovereto
T: 0464 438100
Tuesday – Sunday 10:00 – 18:00
- Full price ticket € 7,50 (visitors with more than 18 years)
- Reduced-price ticket € 5,50 (for groups of visitors – price per person for groups with minimum 20 adults, for law enforcements and visitors of the exhibition “La Strada delle Gallerie ha 100 anni”)
- Reduced-price ticket € 2,00 (children and young people from 6 to 17 years old, for classrooms and in service law enforcements)
- Reduced-price ticket € 6,00 (visitors with one of these valid cards: ACI Trento, ACLI, AIB ANLA, ARCI Trentino, ASAT, Associazione Lagarina Storia Antica, CGIL Trentino, FAI, FederCircoli del Trentino, GARDO, SAT, TCI, UNPLI, VOLKSBANK)
- Free entrance ticket (for children under 5 years old, disabled people and their helpers, Guest Card Trentino owners, museums members, Cassa Rurale di Rovereto members, teachers (no more than 2 teachers per classroom), group leaders, cardholding journalists, members of the Cultural Department of the Province of Trento, cardholding civil service members)
- Family ticket (for each parent that pays a full price ticket, there is a free entrance for one children under 14 years old)
- Ticket included in our Museum Pass