International Tournament “Città della Pace”
Where? Sports fields in Rovereto and Vallagarina
Over 30 years of sports, friendship and solidarity among young athletes from all over the world
The 35th edition of the “Città della Pace” International Tournament will be held on April 7, 8 and 9, 2023
For 35 editions, the International Tournament “Città della Pace” has, by now, been a pivotal Easter event in Vallagarina. On April 7, 8 and 9, 2023 in Rovereto, thousands of young athletes from all over the world will compete on the playing fields in the disciplines of soccer, water polo, basketball and t-ball to represent the values of sports, socialization and fair-play.
In addition to the sporting moment, the side events (including the Opening Ceremony at the War Memorial Bell, a world-renowned symbol of universal peace) will also induce participants to moments of reflection on issues such as peace, coexistence, and confrontation.
The big news of TDP2023: “The Sports Village” at the Urban Courtyard on Via Roma, which will enliven downtown Rovereto with music, events, food and sports from Thursday through Saturday!
Thursday, April 6
- 17:00, Sports Village | Inauguration, opening of food stands, Football Arena, Game Arena and Aquila Basket Arena
- 18:00, Sports Village | Sports aperitif in music
- 19:00, Sports Village | “Blue Party” dedicated to tricolor sports triumphs accompanied by Italian music of the last decades
Friday, April 7
- 9:00-18:00, Sports Village | Accreditation of participating teams
- 10:00 a.m., Sports Village | Opening of Sports Village, opening of food stands, Football Arena, Game Arena and Aquila Basket Arena
- 6:30 p.m., Sports Village | Sports happy-hour with music
- 19:00, Sports Village | Welcome Show: welcome show for participating athletes and teams, with the presence of local authorities. Announcement of participating nations and a series of show moments in collaboration with Life and 4Fusion dance schools are planned
Saturday, April 8
- 8:30 a.m., Miravalle Hill, Campana dei Caduti | Opening Ceremony: the greeting by the regent of the Opera Campana dei Caduti Foundation is followed by some spectacular moments. The Sports Veterans Union celebrates “World Sports Day.” One representative from each nation reads the oath of office, followed by the notes of the national anthem. The President declares the “City of Peace” International Tournament open. The 100 chimes of Maria Dolens conclude the Ceremony.
- 10:30 a.m., from Piazzale Leoni to Piazza Umberto Savoia – MART | Parade through the streets of the city center: athletes from the nations participating in the Tournament parade through the streets of downtown Rovereto, greeting the citizenship. The parade ends with a moment of celebration in Piazza Umberto Savoia, under the MART dome.
- 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., Vallagarina fields | Qualifying rounds on all fields (soccer, water polo, basketball and volleyball)
- 6:30 p.m., Sports Hall and Natatorium Center | Awards ceremony for basketball and water polo tournaments
- 18:30, Sports Village | Sports happy-hour with music
- 20:00, Sports Village | “Rainbow Party“: international sports triumphs accompanied by world music hits
Sunday, April 9
- 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Vallagarina fields | Conduct of qualifying rounds and final stage on all fields
- 6-10 p.m., Quercia Stadium in Rovereto | Soccer Tournament finals
- 10 p.m., Quercia Stadium in Rovereto | Awards and Closing Ceremony with fireworks: the top 3 teams in each category will be awarded by the authorities and the Fair Play award will be given for each category. “Lights of Peace” show with background music