Weekend discovering Ala: the town of velvet!
Enjoy the atmosphere of baroque jewel in Trentino and visit the beautiful frescoed rooms of Avio Castle!
From 3rd to 5th June
From 1st to 3rd July
From 5th to 7th August
From 2nd to 4th September
From 30th September to 2nd October
Your cultural vacation: a weekend between the historic center of Ala, selected by the Italian Touring Club, and Sabbionara Castle in Avio, the frescoed jewel, that dominates the valley with its stronghold and the five towers.
- 2 nights with overnight stay and breakfast in a farm (in a double / twin room). Or 2 nights with overnight only in a farm with apartments (for 2 people; including: kitchen- bath-, bed-linen ,water, gas and electricity)
- Guided winery-tour with tasting
- On Saturday: stroll and tour the ancient “Cortiana” forge, a converted mill, where Mario Cortiana reveals all secrets of iron-working.
- On Sunday at 11:00: visit to the “Ancient Piano Museum” in Ala, one of a kind, and concert with historical instruments by pianist Temenuschka Vesselinova.
- On Sunday at 15:00: visit to Ala old-town: period costumed characters of eighteenth century will follow visitors on a stroll along the baroque center of Ala. Following an light appetizer.
- Entry to the Avio Castle with beautiful frescoes such as “The parade of fighters” and “The love room”
- Guest Card Trentino, a card that allows you to discover museums, castles and natural parks of Trentino FOR FREE, including the local transports in the whole Trento Province (offered only by the accommodation that participate to the initiative)
- Informative kit of Rovereto and Vallagarina, a practical guide to move easily in the area.
City tax not included, to be paid on the spot by accommodation