La Magnalonga dell’Alta Vallagarina
Where? Besenello, Calliano e Volano
Tales and legends in Alta Vallagarina
The Magnalonga of Alta Vallagarina is the first and longest-running wine and food walk in Trentino, with a 10 km non-competitive walk through the vineyards and villages of Besenello, Calliano and Volano.
The Magnalonga, a walk suitable for everyone and now in its 24th edition, returns again this year with a double route designed for both walkers and bikers. Are you a Nordic Walking enthusiast? You too can walk the route using this technique, in the company of the ASD Enjoy Outdoor instructors!
Walking path and Nordic Walking
The walking route starts in the city park and gymnasium area in Besenello, then winds its way along country roads surrounded by vineyards and through the historic centres of the villages of Besenello, Calliano and Volano. Along the way, enjoy the many theatrical and musical entertainments themed ‘Tales and Legends’ by local associations and end the day at the Legàt Park in Volano, where you will find music and a wine bar offering beers and wines from numerous local wineries and breweries.
The mostly unpaved footpath, which extends over a total length of 10 km, is not suitable for buggies and prams. We therefore recommend the use of special backpacks for transporting children. It is also permitted to bring one’s own dog, as long as it is on a leash.
- Urban park and gym in Besenello –Chalice registration and delivery, possibility to purchase chalice holders and hats.
- Slargo Via S. Giovanni in Besenello –Welcome with coffee or tea.
- Sottocastello Fountain in Besenello – Appetiser with crostini with chestnut cream, potatoes and lard accompanied by a glass of sparkling wine ‘Maybe’ from Azienda Agricola Salizzoni.
- Parco Europa in Calliano – First course with potato gnocchi with lucanica ragu accompanied by a glass of Marzemino Trentino DOC 2019 wine from the Cantina Sociale di Trento.
- Locality Abbeveratoio behind Castel Pietra in Calliano – Apple slices.
- Locality Fornaci in Volano – Cheese tasting with honey accompanied by a glass of Nosiola Trentino PDO ‘Avell’ wine from Azienda Agricola Mattè.
- Exit of the Rio Albiolo trail on the road to Monte Finonchio in Volano – Elderberry juice.
- Locality Dos dei Ovi in Volano –Second course with mixed grilled meat with barbecue sauce, beans salad and polenta accompanied by a glass of Cabernet Trentino DOC wine from Azienda Agricola Maso Salengo.
- Piazota in Volano – Apple strudel with vanilla sauce accompanied by a glass of Moscato Giallo Trentino Superiore DOC ‘Castel Beseno’ wine from Cantina Vivallis.
- Piazza Marconi in Volano – Coffee and schnapps.
As usual, a gluten-free menu certified by the A.I.C. of Trentino, with products supplied exclusively by local companies.
The bike route covers a distance of 22 km and is mainly flat between paved municipal roads surrounded by vineyards, the historical centres of Besenello, Nomi, Calliano and Volano, and includes several stops to admire the main cultural sites of interest in the area. Each group will be accompanied by two bike guides.
The bike menu includes the following courses common to the walking route: welcome coffee or tea, starter, first course, dessert, coffee and grappa. In addition, there will be a toast at the Bicigrill in Nomi.
On Saturday evening, starting at 7 p.m., it will also be possible to take part in the “MagnaLonga Summer Party” at the Legàt Park in Volano, where there will be music and a wine bar full of beers and wines from various local producers.
The event is organised by the Magnalonga Committee in collaboration with the Azienda per il Turismo Rovereto, Vallagarina e Monte Baldo, FIAB Trento and AIC del Trentino and with the support of the administrations of Besenello, Calliano, Nomi and Volano.
Info and map
Azienda per il Turismo Rovereto, Vallagarina e Monte Baldo
Corso Rosmini, 21
38068 Rovereto (TN)
T: +39 0464 430363
F: +39 0464 435528
The event takes place on Sunday 4 September with staggered departures from Besenello starting at 9.30 a.m. until 1.30 p.m. An exception to this are the bike and Nordic Walking routes, for which there will be a single start at 10.30 a.m.
During the day, there will be a shuttle bus departing about every 10 minutes from the stop in Via Roma in Volano (near the roundabout) to the Besenello urban park. We suggest to park in Volano and then use the bus service to go to the start.
Participants in the bike route are advised to park their cars in Volano and meet up with the guides at the shuttle bus departure point, to set off on their bikes all together in the direction of Besenello.
Sports clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended, with the addition of a helmet for those who choose the bike route.
Advance ticket sales (until Tuesday 30 August):
Walking path and Nordic Walking
- Adult: € 32
- 1° child (up to 12 years of age): free of charge
- 2° bambino o più (fino ai 12 anni compiuti): € 10 a bambino
- Groups (minimum 21 people): 1 free ticket for every 20 registered.
*For the Nordic Walking activity it will be possible to rent poles at the start by paying a deposit of €20 per person.
- Adult: € 20
- 1°child (up to the age of 12): free
- 2° child or more (up to the age of 12): € 10 per child.
**Bike and Nordic Walking routes can only be registered in advance, not on the day of the event.
Further purchase possibilities on Saturday 3 September evening at the party at the Legàt Park in Volano or directly at the start on Sunday 4 September at the city park and gymnasium in Besenello, subject to availability:
- Adult: € 37
- Child: € 15.
You have registered but can no longer participate? Unfortunately, we cannot refund you, but you can give your ticket to whomever you wish by notifying us of the change by e-mail/phone.